Thursday, December 11, 2008

'Member how Thanksgiving was two weeks ago?

This was my first ever Thanksgiving where I was the boss and it was fun! I sort of expected to ruin at least one thing, but everything turned out, so I was really THANKFUL. Thank you especially to Barbara for all your Thanksgiving tips, to Jonathan for making a dynamite pie crust, to Marita for making the delish gravy, rolls and 2 pies....okay, so I know it doesn't sound like I actually did anything at all, but I promise I did. :) I just had good help. That's what a good boss does, right? It was also great to have Mom and Dad Wright as well as Mandy come visit us. Caleb LOVED having all the attention.

That's a good looking family!

That's a good lookin' spread!

That's a good lookin' bird!

And a good lookin' chef!

Thanks for coming! We loved having family come to see us. It meant a lot that you'd cram yourselves into our tiny little apartment just to share some time together. Love you!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

seriously becca. your family is beautiful! good job on the turkey, i'm glad you survived!

Carlson Clan said...

Yeah for Becca! You're awesome!

Halley said...

Hey Becca Great job on the turkey dinner! I haven't braved the bird yet... maybe next year! It looks like you had a good day.

Keshia Phill said...

I like your new page! I know...Thanksgiving just happened and now I feel like the Christmas frenzy is coming too fast!!! AHHH But I'm way impressed with your cooking skills! I am wondering when I will tackle the Thanksgiving dinner? I've always helped but never had to do it myself. It's kinda scary to think about! Good Job. I give you a gold star!

The Allen Family said...

1) I'm VERY impressed that you did Thanksgiving!
2) You look excellent! So skinny and beautiful!
3) What a darling little family with a darling little boy!
4) We miss you! Love you lots!!

Keshia Phill said...

You know, I don't feel pregnant and I have only gained like 6 pounds, so I really don't look that preggers; I don't know what the gender is and I don't really feel movement yet. So, I feel like it's all just a story we are telling people. It will be nice to know the gender so we can stop calling Baby Phill an "it." haha.. I'm feeling fluttering in my tummy, but I don't know if that is the baby wiggling or just gas bubbles! haha

melimba said...

i am mega impressed by your thanksgiving dinner! and I just read your Ellen story! Too funny!
I'm glad you got to go! I was on the edge of my seat reading the whole thing!!!
hope you had a great Christmas!!

Carlson Clan said...

So I didn't dye my hair in that picture...It's just the lighting but I'm thinking about dying it after I have Hannah banana

Carlson Clan said...

Of course I know "I Will"...I'm a big Beatles Fan! I just got one of their crazy CDs for Christmas "Abbey Road"...yeah I forgot how crazy it is! Anyways we have church in the morning so we are free.. when do y'all have church?