Thursday, November 12, 2009

I'm not crafty or creative

Being a stay-at-home mom with one kiddo affords me a fair amount of down time such as when he is sleeping, or even when he is playing I could be working on something. BUT, I'm not very crafty. I don't "get" scrapbooking; I don't peruse Pottery Barn catalogs for ideas. I am a terrible seamstress. I burn microwave popcorn and do NOT know how to correctly dip anything in chocolate. It always comes out weird looking. Yep, this is my confession. I'm not all that crafty, creative or handy. I make hearty food that tastes good enough and will fill you up, but it won't win awards. Sometimes I forget to dust. And I have no interesting way to tell you that I'm pregnant. Yup. I'm through the first trimester and due May 16. I heard the baby's heartbeat today and he or she was kicking the doppler, so yeah, it's Caleb's sibling all right. But, unfortunately, I have no interesting way to tell you. So there. :)

16 comments:

Em and Ms said...

Congratulations! I'm so happy for you guys. You don't need a creative way to announce it--just announcing it is enough! I'm glad things are going well.

Jill said...

Haha, love the announcement. Congratulations!

Kindra said...

But, you sure know how to write. Congrats hope you are feeling good! How long will you be in Chico we need to get together in Dec. when we get back

OuR LiTtLe FaM said...

Congratulations!! We are thrilled for you guys!!! That is sooooo exciting!! P.S. you are definitely a good cook! You definitely know how to make cute invitations and you are such a great mom! There are too many wonderful things about you to list...
We miss you guys... and are so happy to read the news! :)

The Spanns said...

OH MY!!! I am so excited for you!!!!!! I was reading along thinking "oh yeah, me too" and then suddenly my mouth drops open! haahah Congratulations!!!!

Anonymous said...

CONGRADULATIONS!!!!!!THATS AWESOME!!!!!! JOCELYN AND I ARE SO EXCITED FOR YOU GUYS!!!!!

The Allen Family said...

Haha, what-the-heck-ever! That WAS creative and made me smile! We're so excited for you! Congrats, you little witty writer. I miss you.

Hugs!
Chandi

Merry said...

Yay! That is so exciting!

Sara said...

Congratulations! That is very exciting news!

Carlson Clan said...

haha love it!! You're so funny Becca! Maybe you're not crafty but you're a heck of a bargain shopper! I definitely don't have that talent!!

Todd and Heidi said...

Congrats! I am so excited for you guys. You are an awesome mom and I think you are very creative:0

Sarah C. said...

CONGRATS BECCA! Hands down, that was THE BEST post I've read all year! I loved your wording and realness. I too can only make hearty food. But hey, that's why we have boys.
SOOOOO excited for you! Can't wait to find out what you're having! Love ya girlie.

Halley said...

Love it! Congratulations you guys!

Lydia said...

I'm very happy for you, Becca. Those cakes you decorated certainly looked creative to me!

melimba said...

yeah yeah yeah!
CONGRATULATIONS!! I'm so happy for you!
what a crazy way to announce it, you silly goose!

I'm thrilled for you! I can't wait to find out what you are having! (wait, you ARE going to find out, right?) YOU'D BETTER!

Sooo fun! Congrats!!!

Candice Warby said...

Congratulations! That is fabulous news. Yay for having 2....it's crazy work and crazy fun. There won't be as much down time now. :)