Sunday, April 18, 2010

28 days

(This post was written 8 days ago and then I delayed posting it because I wanted to make sure everyone had seen the post about the house. Current status? T-20 days 'til due) And...OOPS... I had pics to go with but now I'm in Nevada and the pics aren't on this computer. I promise I'll post belly pics--eventually.

No, this is not a movie about rehab.

THIS! Is 36 weeks pregnant! I have 4 weeks from this day--28 days--until Mr. James is due to arrive. While it may or may not BE 28 days, my body, that feels like it's closer to 9 1/2 months pregnant than 8, will be more than ready to welcome little man into the world in 28 days.

I think it's all part of the divine Plan. We are BLESSED to be so supremely uncomfortable by the time the baby is ready to be delivered that we are willing to go through AN-Y-THING, even labor and delivery, to not be pregnant anymore.

So, I'm grateful to be uncomfortable. Maybe it will give me the strength to deliver this little guy. After all, this is the next great adventure--having a baby WITHOUT an epidural. Yup, you read that right. Assuming no complications or emergencies, I will be drug free (it's the way to be [a la many years of Red Ribbon Week in elementary school]). So, wish me luck. In 28 days (more or less) I will NOT be pregnant anymore. YAY!

6 comments:

The Spanns said...

I totally agree - it is part of the plan that we get to the point where we will do anything to get that baby out! So excited for you that it is coming so soon! Wishing you the best of luck --- oh, and rock on for going natural - it is GREAT!

OuR LiTtLe FaM said...

Oh yay! You are amazing to be doing it naturally! Can't wait to see cute prego pics and definitely can't wait to see the beautiful little boy that you bring into this world in ...28 days!!!!! What an exciting time for you and your family!

melimba said...

just got caught up on your blog... and WOW!
love the house story! is that amazing or what?! I'm so excited for you guys!!! The house looks beautiful, and the story behind it is even more impressive!!
ALSO, let's talk NO epidural?! oh my. you are a VERY brave woman. :) But, just so you know, if you end up opting for it, in those final hours, NO one would blame you! :)
And, girl, it is looking like things are falling into place, doesn't it? Isn't it amazing how, with so many HUGE question marks, in the end, Heavenly Father makes it all work, perfectly, in the end?

awesome stuff all around. now, you just need this little baby to come and you can be set! :)
Can't wait to "meet" baby james!
Good luck making it through this last little bit!
xoxo
melis

Merry said...

So my husband and I were talking about this the other day (I don't know why, we're not even close to having a baby, so this decision is at the very least 9 months ahead of us!). But we thought that it probably didn't happen very often for a woman who had an epidural on the first delivery to go without it on the next delivery. So, did you have an epidural with Caleb? And why have you decided to forgo that, if you did? (This is all in name of science, and letting Dave know about a real opinion instead of our "made up" ones!"

Unknown said...

This is an amazing time! The Refiner's Fire a couple of years ago must have been handled very well--the blessings now are a shower, no?! Paul and I are so happy for you and look forward to being with you for the graduation. We love you, and your examples are admirable. You know how I feel about going natural :D and my prayers are with you that you will have the desires of your heart reached! We can hardly wait for a new nephew!

Unknown said...

This is an amazing time! The Refiner's Fire a couple of years ago must have been handled very well--the blessings now are a shower, no?! Paul and I are so happy for you and look forward to being with you for the graduation. We love you, and your examples are admirable. You know how I feel about going natural :D and my prayers are with you that you will have the desires of your heart reached! We can hardly wait for a new nephew!