Thursday, September 30, 2010

Joy School

Caleb started Joy School a bit over a month ago.  I was a little nervous to let my baby (he says he’s a big boy…whatev) go to school.  After all, once he starts in 2 years, he’ll be going to school for YEARS (who’s with me?) and why did he need to start now?  Well, I went to the meeting to find out about it and felt strongly that Joy School was for me as much as for him.  Now, I know what you’re thinking.  I don’t mean that the 2 hours twice a week with only one child to manage was for me, though that is an appreciated fringe benefit.  No, I mean that I needed to be associated with the other women whose children were also in this Joy School  For the uninitiated, Joy School is a mother’s co-op preschool.  Each child’s mother teaches Joy School for a week on a rotating basis.  Five kids equals a five week rotation with each mother taking her turn at teaching.  We have 6 kids in our little “school,” and their mothers are fabulous.  I’m already impressed by these women, their skills and their ambitious drive to be stellar mothers to their children.

This week was my week to teach.  On Tuesday by 11:00am, I was EXHAUSTED!  Six children 4 and younger for 2 hours is even more tiring than it sounds!  BUT!  Today was better.  We had a great time at the playground enjoying nature—and eating chocolate rice krispie treats.

Here are the kids in action.  046

Caleb’s first time ever playing Duck, Duck, Goose. Didn’t totally get it, but loved it just the same.

  042 036 038 040 045 033

Why does Caleb have his pants down, you wonder?  Well, after filling up the pockets of his jeans with gravel from the playground, his pants were weighed down and hanging off his booty.  In an effort to remove the gravel FROM his pockets, he reached in, further pushing his pants off of his skinny bum.  So, keeping them down around his ankles made much more sense than continually pulling his sagging pants up. It’s logical.  Really.  It was also broad daylight in the middle of a public park.

Caleb ADORES Joy School.  He’s having a blast with the kids, making new friends and, despite this picture, learning more social skills.  Now, if only we could keep his pants up.

4 comments:

Merry said...

How funny and fun! I hope you love joy school. I did it as a child and loved it!

The Allen Family said...

Yay! You're such a good Momma, Bec. Hahahahaha - Caleb's pants - hahahaha. :) Love you.

melimba said...

I love his pants around his ankles! hAAA! Too funny!!

I hate that he had to do the IV thing too when he was little! Doesn't it just rip your heart out?? Luckily, things are looking up! Thanks for the kind words!

And, about these bridesmaid cards, what cha' making? I found the link here: http://www.oncewed.com/16446/wedding-blog/diy-wedding/diy-bridesmaids-cards/

but then I redrew it in the computer for the cards I did for those brides... here are the pictures: http://www.etsy.com/transaction/27522127

Is that what you needed???

Kaye Rich said...

Becca, it is a delight to read your blog! Makes me smile. Hope and pray Jonathan is doing well and the rest of the family too!