Friday, February 1, 2008

Gettin' Crafty...

I've always wanted to learn how to decorate cakes, just as a hobby, but I've never before have the time or motivation until I got into Young Women (I'm the laurels adviser in my ward). So, for a personal progress project, I make and decorate cakes once a month for the girls' birthdays. Here are all of the cakes I've made so far (except for November, which was devoured before I took pictures):

No, we don't get too many snowflakes in January....or ever...
Three layers!!
It sort of looks checkerboard, right?

Ever seen a nativity in frosting before? Me neither.


My first ever! It's just a cute happy little sunflower.


3 comments:

Em and Ms said...

Becca I am SO impressed! You've done such a great job on all of these!

Todd and Heidi said...

I am so impressed. This has always been something that looks fun to me but I have never got into it. These look great! I am so glad that you have joined the blogging group. I know sometimes our lives are not to exciting but it is always fun to see pictures. Caleb is getting so big and I love the bath time pictures.

Anonymous said...

Om my goodness!!! How amazing is that! The nativity scene blew me away...man how I wish I as talented. That is one thing I dislike about being in relief society right now...everyone is so stinkin' crafty! You are so lucky...you've got the "relief society gift!" Jesus must love you lots! haha *wink