Thursday, April 7, 2011

Ma ma ma ma ma

James loves me.  When I was at the gym the other day, Jonathan was changing James’ diaper when James looked up, saw Daddy and said, “Mama!”  Jonathan asked himself, “Did he really just say that?” when James said again, “MAMA!”  Jonathan told me this story, but I didn’t really believe him.  After all, I’ve never heard him say anything besides, “BA ba Ba BA BAAA!”  which he does with great vigor.  Well, yesterday morning, he bit his little finger trying to eat his breakfast.  His subsequent grimace was heartbreaking.  He looked for me, found me and said in a pouty voice, “Ma ma ma ma ma ma.”  Because Mamas fix it.  Yes, we do.  He hasn’t said Dada yet, but he has said Mama.  This is probably my only kid who will do that, so I gotta soak it up.  I love my baby boy!

2 comments:

Kindra said...

Nothing better then hearing your baby say Mama for the first time... NOTHING!

The Allen Family said...

:)