Thursday, April 7, 2011

Ragnar Relay

It’s craziness.  How did I get talked into this?  The power of peer pressure lives on, people.  Smile  My lovely co-teachers in our Joy School have decided to jump off a cliff and I signed up to do so as well.  July 22-23, I am running a total of 17 miles in 24 hours (yes, that includes through the night) in three legs of a 36-leg relay running from nearly the Canadian border to Whidbey Island near Seattle.  We each run three of the legs in a non-stop relay.  I know 5 of the other women fairly well and I’m sure that through a nearly sleepless/showerless night, I will get to know the others well.  Am I a runner, you ask?  No.  Have I ever run?  Technically yes, but does junior high school cross country when I almost always finished last and did 13 years ago really count?  Let the Move-Free joint supplements and the excessive gym sweating begin!  And wish me luck!!

4 comments:

Sean Phelps said...

You're going to Whidbey?! Lucky! Say "hi" to my parents for me!

Jocelyn said...

Horray! This race is insane! And I'm SO jealous. You're gonna love it.

melimba said...

you go girl!!! I love that you are doing this! EVEN MORE, I love that you haven't run since your jr. high days! HAAA!! I was on the jr. high track team. That was probably the last time I really ran too.

GOOD FOR YOU! I'm loving your house updates!!! You are the BOMB! I can't believe all that painting you undertook!!?!?!??!? AMAZING WORK, GIRL!!!

lots of love,
melis

The Allen Family said...

What in the?! :) You're amazing! Can't wait to hear how it goes! XOXO!