Saturday, May 31, 2008

Bounce Your Whole Face Off!

The title is a little shout out to my dear brother Adam, so Ad, wherever you are, this one's for you :)

Last night, we got a call from a young woman I worked with in our Church before I got moved into being primary music chorister, that the kid fun zone where she worked was pretty much empty. That's bad enough, but they were holding a fund drive for needy families AND the news cameras were showing up....and no one was there. She needed my help, so I made 10 phone calls to other families in our Church with kids and we headed over there. Fun-ny! We thought Caleb would get a big kick out of the place. It's the kind where it has huge blow up playground equipment--- slides and mini-basketball, a huge "spiderweb" to get stuck in, a giant boxing ring with the huge gloves, etc. Caleb is a rough and tumble kid, so we thought he'd be all into it. Turns out--it's all a farse. He's just a huge sissy :) It didn't help, I'm sure, that it was nearing his bedtime and he'd never been before, but he was scared to death. After we'd been there a little over half an hour, more kids/friends from Church arrived and Caleb warmed up to it a little.

This is me cuddling and consoling Caleb after I took him on the giant slide. He was not a fan.

Jonathan's going so fast you can hardly see the look of pure joy on his little boy grin!


Caleb didn't mind the bouncy toys as long as neither he nor anyone else he loved was on one :)

Family photo by the "rock wall climbing/slide" race

Okay, other than the massive amount of blood that rushed to my brain, this was hilarious. It's a humongous "spider web" where you have to place your weight carefully to climb up the many many layers. Well, according to the girl who'd called in the first place, she said I climbed up there in record time for a beginner. We sat up there for a minute and were like, "What now?" Well, now you get down. And according to Asha, head first is the only way. Here I am slipping through the 5 story spiderweb, headfirst. Be glad this isn't video. Caleb thought I was going to be eaten by a black widow or something because he was screaming his head off at just about this moment.

Thanks for inviting us, Asha. We had a great time!!

4 comments:

The Allen Family said...

Hahahahahaha!!! I'm seriuosly cracking up at work! Poor Caleb. I think it's so cute how he didn't love it when you guys got on the bouncy toys or stuck in the web. Adorable! :) Miss you! Hugs!

hilary w said...

Hi Becca! This is Hilary Elisberg Wertz....I'm glad you found my blog! You have such a beautiful little family. Caleb is adorable! It was so great to see a little bit if what you are up to now! I am glad you are doing well.

The Spanns said...

so fun! I love it! Caleb is soooo cute!

OuR LiTtLe FaM said...

adorable pics! i love your family!!