Monday, June 23, 2008

Birthday Weekend!

This post is a partial birthday blog and a partial shout out to some great friends, Bryan and Chandi Allen, for hosting us for a fun-filled weekend! We drove a few hours to Cedar City on Friday night and Caleb was so excited to be there among friends that he stayed up playing until past midnight! This kid IS the Energizer Bunny. Caleb is usually pretty standoffish around "strangers" and I figured that since the Allens had moved about 6 months ago, he would consider them strangers. I couldn't have been more wrong. He climbed right into their laps and played with them all weekend, reaffirming our previous assertion that the Allens really are family. Here's a look at Becca's birthday weekend:

Fun decorations!

Be the tree...BE the TREE!

The only partial picture I have of Chandi because all our group shots are on their cool new camera. She made cupcakes that said, "HAPPY BIRTHDAY BEC". Bryan nearly burned himself trying to light candles, so we left it to Chand.

Before...
After...Notice all the smoke...it was a lot of candles this year. I'm going to have to start using 2 boxes of candles next year. I owned that wish, however, as you can see.
Bryan & Chandi's beautiful card and "Friends" picture frame. No one knows how to pick cute frames like the Allens.
We decided this was Caleb's present to me because he doesn't want to have an old wrinkly mom. It's a microdermabrasion kit. Look out world, here I come!
What a lovely hand model I make! This is a beautiful watch my handsome husband gave to me. He got it specifically so that someday when my ring is returned/replaced, the watch will match my ring. Isn't he a thoughtful darling?
We spent the weekend traipsing around SUU, getting the tour, going to dinner and then amazing ice cream (GranDee's...Cedar City...Check it out), playing games, watching movies, getting too little sleep, going to the park, visiting family, AND I got to see some childhood friends I haven't seen in probably six years. Thanks to the Hepworths for making the effort to come into town so I could see you again. I realized only after I'd left that I didn't take any pictures! What's wrong with me? If it hadn't been for Chandi whipping out her camera everywhere we went, we would have zero photographic documentation of this weekend. I'll post more pictures when I get them from her, or just see her website. :)
Thanks Allens! We love you guys and I'm so glad I could spend my birthday with family! :)



7 comments:

The Allen Family said...

Becker, I'm glad you had a happy birthday at our house! And, you're right, we are family!!! :) You better keep your birthday wish/promise! :) Love you lots! Thanks for the shout out!

Kristin Archibald said...

Happy Birthday Becca!!! Sounds like you had so much fun! I love the "old wrinkly mom" comment...I was laughing out loud (lol as they say :) Love you!!!

Todd and Heidi said...

I am so glad you had a good birthday. Wish we could have been there to spend it with you.

Jared and Christine said...

Happy Late Birthday Becca!

betsey said...

Happy birthday to You! Glad to see that you celebrated in style--with friends, presents, family and CUPCAKES!! Yummy yum!

Becca Welch said...

Hey guys-
I am so excited to see you this weekend.... lets get together on the 4th, because I have to work from 1pm to 1am on the 6th. Caleb is getting so big and I hope he plays with me and is not scared when you come. anyways----love you-Becca

Andy and Rachael said...

Happy late birthday!!!! It looks like you had a wonderful time! I promise that I am going to call you! Abe and I are getting over being sick. Talk to you soon!!!